Branding, website and eCommerce
Building a new online pet superstore with ten thousand products for every type of animal and pet.
Rokers as a suite of companies own a number of businesses, all based near Guildford, Surrey. It has a wide variety of businesses but the main revenues come from the pet store animal feed business.
The old website was rather dated and the user experience was a long way from being optimal: The eCommerce (shop) section of the site was built on Drupal and was not simple to manage or upgrade, and the site structure and design was outdated and sub-optimal for SEO.
Also the main EPOS system for the shop did not have a real-time link/API with the website.
There were three workflows for the project:
- Information architecture and UX design
- Website development on Magento
- API integration to in house EPOS system.
The Rokers brand underwent a complete overhaul before the project started so the site benefited from a completely new design and optimised user experience.
The critical requirements:
- Web orders were all handled online
- Automatic integration with ParcelForce
- Automatic integration with SagePay
- Product integration
- Customer integration with EPOS
- Premier EPOS was used in-store so data has to be synced with a MySQL database.
- Approximately 10,000 product lines
- Re-order previous sales facility
- Delivery and Click & Collect options – some products will be delivery only, some click & collect or both – we would like to have a split cart for both types of products – Click & Collect and Delivery,
- Automatic integration with Parcelforce
- SagePay as the payment gateway
- Star products to appear at top of lists
- Customer notified to increase quantity to qualify for discount
- Products staged before showing to the public, so no products are shown until full image, descriptions etc are entered
- Email / SMS customer when back in stock functionality
- Newsletter / Loyalty Card signup
From initial wireframe to working design
The website has literally just gone live with a host of new features so we will be embarking on some fun online marketing for the pet shop.