The Colas Group are world leaders in construction and maintenance of transport infrastructure. This includes roads, rail, air and maritime, in over 50 countries on five continents.
For this project in particular, Colas work in partnership with Portsmouth City Council (PCC), helping manage the city’s infrastructure.
We have previously worked with the Colas Group on other web projects. And we were delighted to work with them once again on a new website for their PFI with Portsmouth City Council.
We identified a number of opportunities to optimise their website and better support the team, and residents:
- Reduced management time of the website
- Enhanced reporting
- Future proofing
- GDPR compliance for data management
- Enhance website and functionality direct to PCC
- Integrate the option for digital surveys for residents and businesses
- Create online forms to replace existing “print and scan” for licences and applications
For consistency, we recommended rebuilding this legacy website on Umbraco. The internal website team are already happy and confident using this platform.
We also know it’ll provide excellent functionality to enable the team to get the most out of it.
As well as modernising the Colas Portsmouth website, we also:
- Created a new style tile incorporating the new Colas Portsmouth branding
- Updated UX and user journey
- Integrated Colas’ widgets
- Created top level website graphics, such as hero imagery
- Migrated the required existing content
- Integrated with Google Analytics
- Provided on-site SEO optimisation