DPC+UP is a growing agency, and we have ambitious plans. An opportunity has now arisen for a UX designer to join our team to work across the online side of the business.
We are looking for a young, enthusiastic, creative, and ambitious UX designer, who shares our passion for usability, technology, and attention to detail, with an ability to work in HTML and CSS code.
The ideal candidate will be both analytical and creative and have an understanding of what makes great user experience and how to bring great ideas to life online.
You will be part of a small team working on small to large web builds, right through from planning/research, IA, creative ideas and full UX design, often including WordPress front end build and development, so a basic understanding of HTML/CSS will be necessary.
You will excel at creating highly usable, as well as highly creative websites, e-commerce stores and online applications with a thorough understanding of contemporary user-centred design methodologies. You will be comfortable with transforming your ideas into an online environment.
Working from our studio in Guildford, (with some days working from home) you will be designing websites, mobile sites and applications for both large multinational brands as well as small to medium sized businesses.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company, and gain invaluable experience with multiple platforms and tools such as Umbraco, NopCommerce, Shopify, and WordPress.
This role is initially a fixed term contract with the view to becoming full time, depending on the applicant and experience.
Required design skills:
- Design should be at the centre of everything you do
- You should be experienced in developing creative ideas and solutions
- Your Photoshop skills should be outstanding
- Your typography skills should also be outstanding
- Your interface and interaction designs should be amazing
- You should have a solid understanding of navigation and information architecture
- You should have some knowledge of IA solutions such as Axure or Adobe XD
- Other development expertise e.g. WordPress development, would also be an advantage
- Cross-browser and platform development experience with particular focus on responsive design
- Experience of dealing with cross-browser compatibility requirements
- Good communication skills an advantage
- Customer service/client service skills an advantage
- Happy to work as part of a young team
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Ongoing career development, including relevant training courses
- Potential to work from home
- Flexibility with working hours
- Guildford / South East location
This is a chance to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding company and perform a key role within many of the projects.
The vacancy is based at our studios in Guildford, and we are very willing to entertain freelance, contract, part-time, or job sharing, so if you can only manage three days a week, please apply anyway. The main importance for us is to get the right people, we can work the hours out around you.
Send us a CV with details of projects you have worked on.
Salary: depending on experience