Front-end web developer
DPC is a growing agency, and we have ambitious plans. An opportunity has now arisen for a front end developer to join our team to work across the online side of the business.
We are looking for a young, enthusiastic, creative, and ambitious front-end developer, who shares our passion for usability, technology, attention to detail and great code.
The ideal candidate will also have an eye for great UX too and understand how to bring great ideas to life online.
As a front-end developer you will be part of a small team working on small to large web builds, right through from planning, development and implementation. If you have some back-end skills as well then even better.
Working from our office in Guildford, (with some days working from home) you will be developing websites for both large multinational brands as well as medium sized businesses.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company, and gain invaluable experience with multiple platforms and tools such as Umbraco, Nopcommerce, WordPress, and Shopify.
- Excellent understanding of creation of responsive layouts
- Understand web standards development
- Understand front end performance techniques
- Cross-browser and platform development experience with particular focus on responsive design
- Ability to translate a static layout (wireframes, Photoshop mock-ups, Axure prototypes) into a working application
- Experience of dealing with cross-browser compatibility requirements
- Experience in back end development
- MVC development
- Experience of service/API integration with 3rd parties
- .NET/Umbraco experience
- WordPress development
- Shopify Liquid code experience
- DNS management
- Good communication skills an advantage
- Customer service/client service skills an advantage
- Happy to work as part of a young team
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Ongoing career development, including relevant training courses
- Flexibility with working hours
- Guildford / South East location
This is a chance to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding company and perform a key role within many of the projects.
The vacancy is based at our studios in Guildford, and we are very willing to entertain freelance, contract, part-time, or job sharing, so if you can only manage three days a week, please apply anyway.
The main importance for us is to get the right people, we can work the hours out around you.
Send us a CV with details of projects you have worked on.
Salary: depending on experience